Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe
Tina Arkos Tina Arkos
Published on 05/28/09 at 01:00
Value For Money : Poor
Three effects: Tremolo, Vibe, Chorus

Not easy to see global opinion

Nickel
28/05/2009 more you use and the more s'dit that the sound quality is amazing!

It'll be two years that I have this Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe and overall I'm pretty happy. But for those who want to make this acquisition and can not try it (rare are the stores that have the Bouzin in stock) that's my opinion that can help or not to opt for this solution.
First, proponents of digital technology can immediately get their way! Here we are in the analog and you can hear everything now, we have a very organic and very grain of music that does not distort your instrument either Start or LP, the grain of the guitar is respected. Let us now detail the three modes of the machine.

Tremolo: Nothing to say it's great! More comfortable all the same effects in the soft, style blues in the shredder furious. The fast tremolos are of course useful but the available waveforms are sine and triangle not square (for best effects machinegun).

Vibrato: This is the function that gives it its name (type Univibe) and it's pretty conclusive, however, with, for me, made better in a speed faster than slow.

Chorus: This is where we should not be mistaken. Me, I was disappointed with the chorus because I was looking for a kind BOSS CE1 chorus (the reference). The chorus is very well produced but very taken with the top knob "bias" that alters the sound at all and for now looking for the magic sound I have not yet found.
As I listened to Sonic Retro proguitarshop and there on it sounds (or even the DLS Ultra Chorus)!
So for those seeking the ultimate chorus, I think there are much better.

Finally, for those who want that sound effects on it to avoid (a lot of parameters and thus opportunities, a lot of patience), for those who like me, looking for a replica CE1, no way too.
As against the quality is there, not breathing, from analog and pure juice for those who enjoy tweaking the pedals for the horse to fuck an atmosphere killing (Hendrix and Frusciante way), it is the grave! Moreover, apart from the grain of the chorus is not what I was looking, I keep this pedal in my set. I'll buy the latest Sonic Retro!
Finally the price is high but three pedals with this quality, not that much!
One last important thing, all effects can be used with clean sounds like distorted sounds in the extreme.
28/05/2009: More and more I use it I tell myself that this effect is essential and higher quality grain that is so special, both organic and if so clean it can shape at will . When we spent some time on the machine, it has its own settings and the sound is amazing. One can even use it as a phasing with the appropriate adjustment. In short, even if you never have the sound of a jazz chorus, you'll have a fucking the Voodoo Vibe. I now that sounds RetroSonic cash, as a chorus or a BossCE1 JC120 but even if we get the grain without difficulty, the quality is still below the Roger Mayer and especially the possibilities are much more limited!