Danelectro DE-1 Dan-Echo
Publié le 07/05/09 à 18:21
The Danelectro Danecho is an analog delay guitar effects pedal.  It has both a 1/4 inch input and output and has a battery compartment for a 9 volt, and also has a jack for a 9 volt power supply.  It isn't a rack mountable piece of gear as it is a stomp box.

The Danelectro Danecho is a really simple pedal to use overall.  It has parameters for mix, speed, repeats, and hi cut and also has a switch to choose between lo or hi, which is a tone switch.  Even if you haven't had too much experience with delay pedals, this one is really easy to use and is more straightforward than most others out there.  I've never seen the manual for the Danelectro Danech, but it isn't necessary as the pedal can be figured out without it.

The sound quality heard from the Danelectro Danecho isn't outstanding, but it does do the job.  While I wouldn't use the pedal for recording, if you are looking for a cheap delay pedal to use for live shows, this will work fine.  I use the pedal usually with a Fender Strat and a '76 Fender Twin Reverb, so I have an accurate read on what the pedal sounds like.  Don't get me wrong, the pedal will work fine for most situations, but when it comes to recording I wouldn't use it because I have other options that I would rather use in terms of delay pedals that sound a whole lot better than this one.

While I don't use this pedal all that often, I do know people who like to use it a lot because it is cheap and they don't have to worry about breaking it.  Since I do most of my work in the studio, I don't use it too much because I have access to other delay pedals like the Line 6 DL-4 and a Moog Analog Delay that sound infinitely better than the Danelectro Danecho.  The best part about this pedal is that it is cheap, and this makes it a viable option for players on all budgets and playing levels.  However, I would really only recommend this pedal to beginners who are looking to mess around with delay sounds and get their feet wet, or for the player who wants a cheap pedal for shows that they don't have to worry about breaking.