Amt Electronics California Sound
Amt Electronics California Sound

Distortion from Amt Electronics belonging to the Classic series.

J-mix J-mix
Published on 06/17/09 at 13:53
Distortion from the East to ct mulate the sound of the west hill (we would have guessed!).
Mtallique case of good quality small format.
Runs on standard 9v power supply
Jack in and out of plastic

Level, Bass, Treble, Drive.
A switch to true bypass.

Not bad. Trs California actually. (Ouf..)
Trs well for the budding shredder looking for a sound "of the Manir."
Live a mixer and lowering the treble, you have a good sound for stunning recording. I use it prfre.
On an amp, I do not believe t, the gain becomes overwhelming with too much grain (almost fuzzy) and personally I do not like too much this type of sound. (Tests on a Fender Twin, a Marshall JCM 2000, a Roland JC120 and a Peavey Delta Blues)
In addition the absence of knob mdium is sorely felt, or to dig or to add heat.

I had the SansAmp GT2, it's more expensive but it's better like that.
I am critical but hey not bad for the price even when. If I had the pedals 15 years, would t happiness. Trs well live on a console.
And then ... after a few solos you think that sounds a easy in fact, a little flatter, has sent the ball and then a weary ears. Finally it is not enough to be a true lead sound worthy of the name, if you know what I mean. Lukather, Satriani, Vai and Van Halen played on amps lamps overheating and the pedals can not replace it. I sold it.