Boss DS-2 TURBO Distortion
Boss DS-2 TURBO Distortion

DS-2 TURBO Distortion, Distortion from Boss.

Kountch 11/23/2014

Boss DS-2 TURBO Distortion : Kountch's user review

«  Blah blah »

Everything has already been said in the previous opinion.
Basically it's an analog pedal with 3 settings (tone, volume, gain) and a switch between two modes (I = DS1 colder, II = boost mids).

Easy pedal use, the battery is very easy to change.
The pedal seems fairly robust.

The sound is super synthetic (it seems that it is normal for Made in Taiwan).
Mode II is not workable for me (much too loud): This should be useful to boost solos but it takes an additional footswitch to switch modes when playing.
Live on a clear amp sound is pretty bad (it looks more like a kind of synthetic fuzz): we are very far from the "big" sound typical Nirvana I thought get along with. Oddly rendering is best on a transistor amp on a tube amp.
The use I've found it is a boost Crunch amp or coloring of the distortion of the amp. Indeed, its particular equalizer adds a rather grainy color to her personally pleases me. But I admit that it is a very limited use and that it is not worth buying the pedal.

I bought it used (she had almost never used) for € 35 hoping naively get a "big" sound typical Nirvana ... Needless to say I was disappointed.
The headroom is not as huge as touted by the manufacturer and the sound is very concise.
I must also say that I was getting an amazing idea of ​​Boss pedals (which made me dream as a kid) and I finally was disappointed (the second pedal Boss I own and the second disappointment - I have yet pedals Boss ME 70 I'm very happy). As if everything is a story of personal taste.
The only use I made is to color the distortion of an amp by setting the gain to a quarter or a booster Crunch.
For the price I did not do too bad a deal, but to use that I would choose another brand (and another model) if it again.