Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
mucus mucus

«  good pedal ... metal »

Publié le 09/27/10 à 08:39
see previous review

with the unit, must also know how to set his guitar and his amp behind, even the volume / gain on the amp and will change the rendering, it can lead to big moments making repeated head, and his note ALL settings once you are satisfied with the stuff.
this may seem silly, but it can quickly being quite tiring (even crappy!) for the ears, his own and those of others.
I never had the manual, but the use is simple, équalo is very effective and can add or widen the frequency range in particular. It can go from serious to very fat too bright and super sharp slap. The double knob support mediums is also very effective. I've always tended to keep almost the same 'line' (these are two knobs 'inlaid' into one another, and in general it sounds better like that).
I'd say it's not always easy to recreate the sound of distortion that is desired, because this pedal is very 'cold'. Therefore not suitable for all styles, for example, forget the blues, in my opinion. After people do what they want!
In short, the distortion of knob sends puree, spit it and can even dribble or puking ... The level is also effective.

It is a metal distortion, no problems with that. It is clearly stated and it does the job.
I mainly used this pedal with a bass (Aria Pro II SB1000 77, jap fender mustang, and now with a telecaster for great entry-level, but it's really good poilade, I avoid the Ricken, or then to fool around 2 seconds!)
Basically for the bass, it's still not a top one for the guitar, not bad or very well on the palm mutes and everything, but must love metal, and cold to boot. Of course, with an amp lamp ass, it rebalances.

I use it for too long to remember!
it's a good pedal, very typical for cons, I would say it is not very versatile for that, but when it does, it renders great service, and sent the chocolate. For the price I paid, and since the time I have, I must say that this is a very good acquisition.