Ibanez SD9 Sonic Distorsion
Ibanez SD9 Sonic Distorsion

Distortion from Ibanez belonging to the 9 series.

Publié le 08/04/11 à 18:38
The Ibanez SD9 Sonic Distortion is a pedal for guitar but can be used with any electronic instrument, although I'd probably recommend sticking to electric guitar with this one. It looks much like the other pedals in the Ibanez '9' series like the TS9 (Tube Screamer) and the AD9 (Analog Delay). It is an analog pedal and isn't rackable in any form.

The parameters found on the Ibanez SD9 Sonic Distortion are minimal and easy to follow. If you've ever used a distortion pedal before you'll recognize this make up - tone, volume, and distortion. That's all there is to the pedal and you'll see that it's a very popular configuration. There shouldn't be a use for a manual with the SD9 as it's super simple and easy to use.

While I can't say that the Ibanez SD9 Sonic Distortion would be my go to distortion if I had one (hence why I don't have one), it does have a unique sound that I can see being useful in some situations. It's a transparent sounding distortion and I'd guess I'd liken it to something like the sound of ZZ Top. It can get a pretty good amount of gain going on if you crank it up, but I probably like it best at a lower gain and for rhythm guitar parts.

The Ibanez SD9 Sonic Distortion isn't my favorite distortion pedal but I see it's value in a studio setting or if this is the sound you're going for, for your live set up. The pedal isn't too expensive, but I do think that for this price used you can find other more versatile distortion pedals out there. It's worth a try to see if it matches your sound as it is good at what it does, it's just not all that versatile.