Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
TheJeff666 TheJeff666

«  Effective and very versatile »

Published on 10/31/13 at 09:55
This is a reverb pedal supposed to emulate the sound of the Fender spring reverb ... 63 Digital COSM technology, the standard Boss.
only three trimmings: Mix, Tone and Dwell, which correspond to the same trimmings as the Fender '63 Reverb.
- Mixer: adjusts the reverb level.
- Dwell: Dwell sets the amount of reverb and harmonics of the intensity of the reverb. On the Boss FRV-1 Dwell also works as a drive for the section of sound that mimics the lamp.
- Tone: The tone trimming changes the EQ range of the reverb. 1 corresponds to the position deeper reverb, and position 10 to a brighter reverb.

Extremely simple configuration, no need to book. buttons to edit the sound, hard to get any easier, it is a pedal boss ...

To simulate the sound of the Fender spring reverb ... 63 I like a doubt .... I do not know the original, but have played on many amps with a real spring (quite rightly fender ...). So for me the feelings are not there (the response of the reverb game dynamics for example).
For his against by the fact that quite well in the studio. It was the famous reverbs surfs very simply, but also a wide range of other collorations on hand and it is very well seen ...
In fact, between the knob and dwell especially the effectiveness of tone knob, it is not confined only to the large brilliant well the Fender spring, but also to more effective and discreet very dark colors with other types of games. For a time we can tweak a sound with a Fender reverb estamplillée, we will not complain right?

Less than flattering Malekko less cliché that EHX, but also more versatile, efficient and original in its design and in its sound reproduction.
Used for more than two years, I am very demanding with reverbs (I have a eventide) that I use sparingly and with discretion in general. I tried a few before my choice to stop this Boss who is constantly in the loop of my preamp.
A little expensive new in my opinion, the value for money is interesting on occasion.
With the experience I probably do it again this choice in this price range.