Vox V847-A Wah-Wah Pedal
Vox V847-A Wah-Wah Pedal
Erlen 01/09/2014

Vox V847-A Wah-Wah Pedal : Erlen's user review

View the data sheet.
An inlet, an outlet, a boss-type power supply, space for a battery.
A cover imitation leather black and white that I do not use but pleased when the box is opened.

It takes a bit of time before taking the hand (or rather foot) to engage the effect the first time since the click is enough "far" in the pedal stroke. On the other hand, it avoids inadvertent manipulation. No volume control or anything, so we use is not be easier! The race is against rather short which makes use of delicate pedal: a slight movement of the foot significantly change the sound.

I am very divided on this point. I find it very natural and beautiful clean sound, but when you push the gain is lost in translation and the pedal becomes strangely shrill. I do not use more than the funky rhythm, I find it excellent!

I use it for a year now. It's a bit the opposite of a Cry Baby: while Dunlop is more comfortable on distorted leads, Vox fits perfectly on rhythmic clear sound.
I do not regret this purchase. For its price it is a good wha-wha entry level. on the other hand I change surely a more versatile pedal.