or
Create an account

or

Thread Newbie looking for direction

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Newbie looking for direction
My two favorite hobbies are playing my guitar(s) and computing...I'd love to put the two together and record via my computer.

What's a low-cost entry-level way to get things going? I am running a PC with a Creative Soundblaster soundcard.

I have a cd burner to which I would ultimately like to burn my efforts :)

I picture being able to record a rythym track, then play it back while recording a solo track then adding a vocal track or two. Nothing overly complicated...

Any thoughts / comments would be welcomed
Sheerluck-

I posted a reply to your questions up in the Newbies forum. You also need to think about how much you want to spend. The solutions I suggested in my other post are the cheapest, but you will most likely need to upgrade your soundcard to get decent sound quality (some of the older Blasters are not compatible with a home recording setup!!), and you are most likely going to have an extremely difficult time creating a decent mix without a pair of nearfield reference monitors. Computer speakers just won't cut it!!

Mull over what I posted here and in the other post, along with how much your budget is, and we'll see if we can't get you up and running!!
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
go to yahoo or download.com and search for "audacity", its free, its got effects, wav/mp3 mixdowns, and its a good way to start out. if you down have an audio interface get a 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch converter (they're about $5 at radioshack) to plug ur guitar into the microphone plug on ur comp (assuming there is one). that should get your hands a bit dirty on the whole computer recording deal