DiMarzio DP223 PAF 36th Anniversary Bridge
DiMarzio DP223 PAF 36th Anniversary Bridge

DP223 PAF 36th Anniversary Bridge, Humbucker guitar pickup from DiMarzio in the Vintage Output series.

poundcake 08/26/2014

DiMarzio DP223 PAF 36th Anniversary Bridge : poundcake's user review

«  The best pickups I played Bridge. »

• Partager
Mounted on an Ibanez Rg721FM in the bridge position for two weeks.
I tried a lot of pickups, among other Dimarzio range of those I loved most: Super Distortion, Paf Pro, in short I'm not listed Tone Zone / EMG / Seymour of forcehttps://static.audiofanzine.com/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_wink.gif For this guitar I wanted something that respects the violin and the classy side of design. This mic has patents Dimarzio: Virtual Vintage and Air Bucker.
Well, I'm thrilled. Do not get "discouraged" by the indication of the output level of the microphone. The equalization plays in the perception some have of the performance of a microphone. For example, the D Activator 'sounds' as strong as Super Disto while over level.
The clear and beautiful sound, one feels no frequency is forgotten, it's open, very dynamic and warm. Crunch, one feels the inspiration PAF, it sounds the Gibson. Harmonics are present, it is clear, mids forward gives a heartfelt Old School side. Saturation is the total distance (for me), no drool, warm aggressive at the same time, there is little push to the maximum saturax without problems. Still waterlogged harmonic singing, solo there is a vocal listed on the lead that sustains the notes, it's fun. Of course this is typical 80's more modern. If you like Van Halen first period, Dio, Sabbath and all others that we used PAF to these sounds that remain etched in the memories, go for it! In addition it is not limited to any style, it sustains the notes and allowed to express the violin of the instrument and what ... sustain.
Split and intermediate positions are good, there is a simple side warm vintage pickups.
Those who find the SH4 too aggressive or Tone Zone, can throw an ear PAF 36th, it might be of interest.
This mic is simply the best I've played so far.