[Musikmesse] Roland JD-XA hybrid synth
We saw it at NAMM, but we had to wait until Musikmesse for Roland to finally unveil its JD-XA hardware synthesizer.
The new Roland JD-XA is a hybrid synth that combines a 4-part analog section with analog filters and direct dry out to a 4-part SuperNATURAL digital engine with effects. Both analog and digital engines can be used separately or interactively, either side by side, stacked, or by shaping digital waveforms with analog filters.
- 49-key velocity sensitive keyboard with aftertouch
- 4 voices of polyphony for the analog part
- Up to 64 voices of polyphony for the digital section (depends on the loaded sound generator)
- 4-part analog section with 2 oscillators + Aux, filter, amp, 2 pitch envelopes, filter envelope, amp envelope, 2 LFOs and 1 MOD LFO ; saw, square, pulse/PWM, triangle and sine waveforms ; pitch, fine, cross-modulation, pulse width, pulse width modulation controls ; attack, decay and envelope depth for the pitch envelopes, ring modulation, cross-modulation and oscillator sync ; filter section with 3 low-pass, one band-pass, one high-pass, a bypass with cutoff, resonance, keyboard, envelope depth, HPF and drive controls ; ADSR for the filter envelope, level and ADSR for the amp section
- 4-part digital section with 3 partials (3 oscillators, 3 filters, 3 amps, envelopes for each section and LFO), SuperNATURAL synth sounds use with compatibility with the Integra-7 ; saw, square, Pulse/PWM, triangle, sine and variation waveforms for the oscillators ; pitch, fine, pulse width, pulse width modulation controls ; attack, decay and envelope depth for the pitch envelopes ; ring modulation ; filter section with 3 low-pass, band-pass, high-pass, variation and bypass with cutoff, resonance, key track, envelope depth, HPF and ADSR envelope controls ; level and ADSR envelope for the amp section
- LFO with triangle, sine, saw, square, Sample & hold and random waveforms ; rate, fade time, pitch depth, filter depth, amp depth and tempo sync
- Mixer for the analog section with osc 1, 2 and aux levels
- Vocoder and modulation for the microphone
- 8 multi-effects with 67 types, 8 Part EQ systems, 2 TFX systems with 29 types, delay, 6 types of reverb, Master EQ and 8 types of reverb for the mic input
- 16-track sequencer with SMF import
- 64-pattern arpeggiator
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- LCD 2 line and 16 character display
- 256 user program internal memory
- USB flash memory for 256 use programs
- Arpeggio patterns and sequences are saved as programs
- 1/4” headphone output
- 2 TRS main outputs
- 1/4” analog dry output
- 1/4” stereo Click output
- XLR/TRS combo mic input
- Pedal input
- CV/Gate outputs
- MIDI in and out
- USB type A and B ports
- Dimensions: 899 x 388 x 111 mm
- Weight: 6.5 kg
Discover the Roland JD-XA at www.rolandus.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.