Articles
Tutorials
Classified Ads

Thread Roadstar II question

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Roadstar II question
Hello folks, I wonder if you can help me.

First of all my apologies, I know very little about Ibanez 6-string electrics.

I'm a volunteer PAT tester for a local charity testing donations. We don't often get guitars but when we do they ask me to test them as I'm also a guitarist!

Last week we had a very rough guitar donated. Cracked scratch plate, 4 rusted strings, and someone had taken all the paint work off the body and the headstock. I know it was originally red as they didn't take the paint off the tremolo bay. I thought first of all it was a Strat with a different neck but all the hardware was Ibanez and it took a bit of searching to work out the model. I think it's a Roadstar Series II. Possibly 1984 judging by a similar one I found on Bay.

I cleaned it up and replaced the strings.

The electrics all seem to work fine (except I can't work out what the switch does as it doesn't seem to make any difference). It's got a really nice tone and each pickup is quite individual.

It plays reasonably well but the action is a little high and I can't work out if there's something missing from the bridge.

The bridge is lifting off the body (hopefully I can post a picture) and is only kept in place by the tremolo springs and a bracket to the front of the bridge. Should there be something else under the bridge? It looks as though it's missing something but I don't know enough to work out what it is! 4442184.jpg
4442190.jpg
4442202.jpg

Any other info would be welcome.

Also any guesses how much we might be able to sell it for if it's OK?

Many thanks!

Dick