Gibson Acoustic and Sheryl Crow announce their second collaboration with the release of the Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo Special Edition.
This new Southern Jumbo is described as "the most advanced acoustic-electric Southern Jumbo available."
In 2010, Crow modified her live acoustic guitar line-up with the same pickup system used in the Gibson Jackson Browne model released earlier that year. After a comparison of guitars and pickups, the idea for her Southern Jumbo Special Edition was born.
Crow’s new Southern Jumbo is designed “for power and projection” with wider X-bracing on the red spruce top. It comes with mahogany back and sides, the combination of wood and pattern bracing being designed to give this SJ a dynamic and responsive tonal range. The acoustic-electric version of this guitar has the same stereo pickup system used in the Jackson Browne Model.
Appointments include Ivroid Waverly tuners, vintage Gibson script logo and banner decal, a hand-beveled pickguard, bound fingerboard and a custom classic sunburst finish.
- Adirondack Red Spruce top with Mahogany back and sides
- Mahogany neck with modified “V” profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with Mother of Pearl paralellogram inlays
- Traditional Rosewood bridge with open-ended saddle slot
- Nickel Waverly tuners with Ivoroid buttons and 14:1 tuning ratio
- Vintage Sunburst Model A - $6,233msrp
- Vintage Sunburst Model 1- $4,298msrp
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.