JZ Microphones Vintage 11
JZ Microphones introduces the newest Vintage series microphone, the V11, available for pre-order on the JZ Microphones home page.
Unlike other mics in the series, the V11 is not a version or replica of classic microphones such as the U47, U67 or C12 and the number 11 stands for a 2011.
- Transducer type: Electrostatic
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Diaphragm's active diameter: 27 mm
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Output impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Suggested load impedance: >500 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1000 Hz into 1000 ohms load: 22 mV/Pa
- S/N Ratio CCIR 468-3 weighted: 76.5 dB
- S/N Ratio DIN/IEC 651 A-weighted: 87.5 dB-A
- Equivalent noise level DIN/IEC A-weighted: 6,5 dB-A
- Maximum SPL for 0.5% THD at 1000 ohm load: 134 dB
- Dynamic range of the microphone preamplifier: 128 dB
- Phantom powering voltage on pins 2 & 3 of XLR: +48 V (+/-4 V)
- Current consumption: <2 mA
- Output connector: 3-pin XLR male, gold plated contacts
- Signal polarity: positive toward pressure on a diaphragm produces positive polarity voltage on XLR pin #2 relatively to pin #3
Pricing & Availability:
The new Vintage 11 will be priced at $699.
The microphone is already available on the JZ Microphones home page for pre-order.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.