Blue Cat's Protector Update
Blue Cat Audio has updated its stereo brickwall limiter, Blue Cat's Protector, to v1.1 for Windows and announced its availability for Mac OS X for the first time.
The plug-in is now available for Mac OS X in VST and Audio Unit formats and the update includes several improvements and fixes to the Windows VST and DirectX versions, according to Blue Cat.
New in Blue Cat's Protector v1.1:
- Mac Audio Unit and VST support.
- New Windows installers (faster install, improved upgrades).
- Automation output can now be disabled for hosts that do not propose automated parameters choice.
- (Bug Fix): fixed MIDI learn issues.
- (Bug Fix): window opacity is now properly reset when selecting factory presets.
The plug-in can be purchased alone or within the Blue Cat's Master Pack plug-ins bundle.
A demo version is available for download and the product can currently be purchased at a special introductory price of €53.10 (instead of €59) / $71.10 (instead of $79).
For more info, check out www.bluecataudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.