[NAMM] ProChannel Concrete Limiter
Cakewalk has announced the ProChannel Concrete Limiter Module, which adds peak limiting capability to SONAR X1 Producer Expanded’s ProChannel.
The ProChannel Concrete Limiter’s advanced DSP combines limiting with low-latency performance and is suitable for peak limiting of individual tracks and level maximization of mix buses. The ProChannel Concrete Limiter is drag and drop routable, and available on any track or bus.
The ProChannel Concrete Limiter utilizes look-ahead, oversampling and frequency-dependant processing techniques, combined with smooth gain curves to limit peaks without sounding “harsh” or “squashed”, according to the company. The Concrete Limiter introduces 1.5ms of latency, allowing real-time playback and recording while engaged.
- ProChannel Module – New Concrete Limiter module SONAR X1 Producer Expanded’s modular ProChannel.
- Peak Limiter
- Frequency Dependent Limiting – Using the “Auto Release” feature, the amount of auto-release for frequencies between the two extremes, is continuously variable.
- Smooth Gain Curves – 4th-order gain curves for all applied gain-reduction.
- Inter-sample Peak Limiting - A DAC (digital-to-analog converter) output needs to reconstruct an analog curve from a digitally sampled one, which can create clipping between peaks. The ProChannel Concrete Limiter employs a 16x oversampling mechanism that detects and limits peaks in-between samples to resolve this problem.
- Low Latency – DSP ensures 1.5msec of latency
- Bass Lift Technology – Enhances low end frequencies
- Auto/Manual Release – Built in automatic release time switchable to manual release for more direct control.
- Versatile – Can be used on individual tracks or mix busses.
- Native x64/x86 – Run natively in 32-bit or 64-bit environments.
Product information, video and specification is available at the ProChannel Concrete Limiter product page.
Availability & Pricing:
SONAR X1 Producer‘s ProChannel console strip provides a number of options to get pro-studio sound in the box with its Gloss EQ, PC76 U-Type/classic FET and PC4K S-Type bus compressors, tube saturation, and drag & drop routing. ProChannel strips can be customized to have any combination of installed modules available on any channel and favorite combinations can be set as default for tracks and busses.
Learn more about SONAR X1 Producer Expanded’s ProChannel.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Video Cakewalk ProChannel Concrete Limiter @NAMM Video Cakewalk ProChannel Concrete Limiter @NAMM
- Video IK Multimedia iRig Mix @NAMM Video IK Multimedia iRig Mix @NAMM
- [NAMM] PreSonus Exchange PreSonus Exchangelets Studio One users swap presets, effects chains, MIDI files, and soundsets from within the program.