Gibson USA honors Les Paul with a Tribute guitar
2013 is The Year of Les Paul at Gibson, and the brand honors the man with a limited edition Les Paul Tribute guitar.
The Gibson Les Paul Tribute is a recreation of the Les Paul model in its first year of production, with a bridge adapted to the specifications of Les Paul’s own patented 1952 design, plus an all-gold finish on top, back, and neck.
Commemorative details include a maple headstock veneer with laser-etched logo and Les Paul portrait, a steel truss-rod cover etched with “Les Paul,” a vintage cream pickguard hot-stamped with Les’s real signature, “Lester William Polsfuss” and the years of his lifespan, plus a call-in pack that includes a Les Paul book, varsity jacket, and Gibson “Factory Craftsman” T-shirt.
- 2-piece mahogany body
- Carved maple top
- Set-in 1-piece mahogany neck with traditional "thick" rounded 50's profile
- Bound rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid Inlays
- Dual P-90 humbucking Alnico V pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls, 3-way pickup selector
- Chrome, wraparound trapeze tailpiece matching Les' 1952 patent
- Cream pickguard with 'Lester William Polsfuss' stamped in his handwriting
- Maple head veneer with Les' photo laser etched
- TonePros vintage-style tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Finish: Bullion Gold
Only 400 guitars will be produced.
More details available at www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- DiMarzio ships the Ionizer 8 Tosin Abasi pickups DiMarzio announced the launching of the Ionizer 8 Tosin Abasi Signature pickups for 8-string guitars.
- Dunlop introduces the Fuzz Face Mini Dunlop shrinks its Fuzz Face pedals with the Mini Series, which includes three models designed to fit in a standard pedalboard.
- MusicMan launches the Armada guitar MusicMan adds to its 2013 catalog a new electric guitar named Armada, available in seven two-colored finishes.