PRS Singlecut
PRS Singlecut
Joe-Rhys Joe-Rhys

«  a good guitar very expensive! »

Publié le 08/30/10 à 02:06
manufactured in the U.S., the Singlecut natural color coded, with birds on the key has 22 frets, fixed bridge, 2 humbucking pickups with studs uncovered, 2 volume, 2 tone and a 3-position selector.
the handle is thick (less than a les paul but 2 to 3 times more than a parker fly!).

For me, the handle is too thick at first as well as the body requires you to know that I play on parker fly deluxe for about 2 months and I have not found a guitar that has an ergonomic and also worked fine. .. so you will understand that for me, this guitar is too thick from the viewpoint of the neck, body, and its pitch is too short because I play mostly on 24 squares!
but getting back to our guitar, I felt used after about 1 quarter of an hour of play above and I think the key is very rounded strato type (and I like that kind of touch!); which means that we can play precisely along the entire length of the neck (except in the last frets, it takes a bit of time with the guitar, but in the end, there will be a winner!)
frankly, ergonomics issue, I had the first touch, the feeling of playing on a tree trunk!
and yes, as I explained above, I have a parker, and ergonomics issue, no guitar does it comes close!
but after some playing time, I start to get used to, but it takes time to play on this kind of instrument!
access to the treble is not easy, and the body of the instrument comes to meet the joystick to the 15th fret and play for quick shots to Steve Vai or Paul Gilbert, it will take time to get used to this instrument!
the sound is all about this guitar!
awesome and super nice, a very beautiful grain of jazz and blues neck pickup, it's immediately recognizable and authentic!
later, in middle position is more balanced in terms of frequency ...
acute at the micro, I added a good light saturation and then I get to play "no remorse" with just the grain, this definition, it takes!
and when I say here is that I tried to get guitars that sound, I searched for years!
then his question is, 10 out of 10!
but too large thickness of the shaft, the pitch and feel that I find perfectible lowers the rating to 8!

it is suitable for these types of music, blues, jazz, hard rock arpeggios and, after that we can make adjustments with the nuances of tone and the amp ...
I played on a tube amp and all settings at noon, so I can say it sounds really good and even better than good compared to my parker!
I like all sounds!

I tried it last Saturday and I've tested the guitar (but not all models need to, I still have time to live and I will go to try them!)
I love the most; benchmarks birds head natural gloss mahogany, tiger maple table the natural sound of the pickups, the key.
I like the least, the price, the handle 22 boxes too heavy for me, the thickness of the body, access to acute again.
value for money, for me, questionable; one side was a beautiful guitar that I like the aesthetic point of view and sound and the other was a guitar with an expensive and ergonomics I do not like and a price more than questionable, and I put a 8 because of these points and the fact that it must be noted as this, but the best is going to try in store! !
but it remains in my mind as a profound doubt about the tariff;
Is that the guitar is worth € 3,000 requested ?.... I think not, but I'll leave to judge for yourself!

Images linked to this review

• photo