Schroeder G.I. Guitar
Jason Z. Schroeder has completed the WWII “GI Guitar” and accompanying mini movie showcasing the historical context and motivation for this guitar.
The “GI Guitar” was built to be a believable remnant from the WWII era.
The GI Guitar uses militaria in unexpected ways. Examples include, among other things:
- A canvas covered top taken from a WWII tent
- A riveted aluminum pickguard that resembles WWII airplane construction
- Vintage military radio knobs
- An actual Winchester rifle bolt used as a 3 way switch tip
- A neck made from a figured walnut gunstock blank
- Custom aluminum backplates that emulate diamond checkered gun parts
- A stenciled wooden case that resembles a WWII ammo crate
Visit Schroeder Guitars at www.schroederguitars.com for more information
Viewers of this article also read...
- Taylor Fall 2012 Limited Edition Models Taylor Guitars produces an array of Fall Limited Edition models in quilted sapele, Tasmanian blackwood and Macassar ebony.
- Line 6 Ships its Relay G55 System Line 6 announced shipment of Relay G55, a digital wireless in a half-rack format.
- TC Electronic Gravy Tri-Chorus & Vibrato TC Electronic announces a custom Guitar Center version of their Corona Chorus pedal: Gravy Tri-Chorus & Vibrato.