Alcons Audio ARC2 / GLL
Alcons has announced the release of measurement and simulation data for the L-series pro-ribbon line-arrays and Q-series pro-ribbon column-arrays.
The data is supplied in GLL (Generic Loudspeaker Library) format for use with the EASE 4.3 acoustic prediction program and the newly released ARC2 (Alcons Ribbon Calculator) array set-up tool, which is based on the EASE Focus 2 program.
By using GLL in EASE, the performance of an Alcons sound system in a suggested acoustic environment can now be predicted, Alcons says. The generated simulation includes reverb times, speech intelligibility and other parameters and can be viewed both in horizontal as well as vertical planes. Also multiple arrays in one simulation is possible.
Due to the projection of the pro-ribbon transducers, the GLL data are based on actual system measurements: The QR systems are measured with 1° accuracy, the LR systems with 2° accuracy and the other systems with the standard 5° accuracy.
Systems included in the Alcons GLL’s are:
- LR7 and LR7/90 micro line-arrays
- LR14 and LR14/90 ultra-compact line-arrays
- LR16 compact line-array
- QR18 line-source column
- QR36 line-source column
All systems include their accompanying bass cabinets, along with the QR18 and QR36 line-source columns, their QM low and mid array extensions, smaller systems of the T-series and the S-series general sound reinforcement systems.
New systems will be added regularly into the library base.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Guitar Pro Education Program Arobas Music announces the creation of an "Education" program.
- MOTU Shipping Digital Performer 8 MOTU is now shipping Digital Performer version 8, an upgrade to their audio workstation software.
- IK Multimedia DJ Rig for iPad IK Multimedia announced that DJ Rig for iPad is now available on the App Store.