Antares Audio Technology Microphone Modeler
Antares Audio Technology Microphone Modeler
Publié le 05/19/09 à 10:55
I had no problems installing the Antares Systems Microphone Modeler as I had it up and running quickly and efficiently without any compatibility issues or other problems. I had the plug-in up and running within minutes and since installing it have had no problems running it at all. The interface of the Antares Systems Microphone Modeler is pretty easy to follow as well and anyone who has a little experience with plug-ins and digital audio should be able to figure it out pretty quickly. The plug-in has sections for putting in which mic you recorded the signal with options for putting in the type of mic, as well as proximity, low cut, and polar pattern. There is an endless amount of different microphones to choose from and pretty much has ever mic you can think of, as I've rarely had a problem finding the correct mic I used. The plug-in then has sliders for input and output gain, as well as tube saturation, and bass and treble buttons to preserve the source. I don't have the manual for the Antares Systems Microphone Modeler so I can't speak to how helpful it is or not.

I am currently running the Antares Systems Microphone Modeler on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM. I run the plug-in in Pro Tools LE 7.4 and I've never had any problems with this configuration at all. While I don't run too many of these at once, it is a pretty stable plug-in with the capability to run a smoothly and stably depending on your specific set up.

I've been using the Antares Systems Microphone Modeler for about five years and while it is a nice plug-in to have around, it isn't essential to anyone's set up. I'm a big believer in getting the signal sounding right at the source, but this can be a helpful plug-in if you want to add some warmth to your sound if you aren't happy with what you did. This plug-in sounds pretty good, but probably isn't anything to get too excited about and unless you are looking for something exactly like this, I wouldn't really recommend it for all studio owners. Overall, a nice sounding plug-in with a good amount of control, but not essential to anyone's studio.