or
Create an account

or

Thread How to connect mic to pc?

• 6 replies
  • 7 participants
  • 0 follower
1 How to connect mic to pc?
I would like to consider home recording. I got a pc only now. Let's say I have bought a SM58 mic. How do I connect it to my pc?
Head over to Sam Ash or Guitar Center/audio to see the products that are available. Some have many i/o's. On a mac, I have a MOTU Ultralite, beautiful. Connect to it are 2 keyboards, mic, electribe esx, dhp-55. Outputs to heqdphones and an amp.
One of the easiest ways is to buy a small mixer, and connect it to the line in on your PC if you have one. I've got an alesis multimix which is quite expensive but if your looking to do things on a smaller budget. If your microphone doesent need phantom power try the Tapco Mix 50, or if it does require phantom power try the Behringer UB802.
Hope that helped
I would purchase a Presonus Inspire 1394 (around $200)..It's firewire connection with soundcard/preamp, and has two mic inputs, ands two guitar inputs. It also comes with Cubase LE to get you started. Not bad at all.
I am using iMAC with U-25 and Behringer B-2 with Logic Express but the vocal quality is far behind the professional. Should i use any specific Vocal Rack to bring the vocal track upto the Studio standard Or is there any other soundcard offering the standard vocal quality. Waiting for the reply thanks
I'm looking for an answer to this too! I bought a couple of plugs to connect to the end of the mic cable, which should fit into the pc, but I'm still having problems!!
shure sm58 doesnt need phantom power, so you'll need a simple XLR female to 1/8" jack lead to connect it up

theres a tutorial for connections on www.pointblankonline.net if you need it