Studio Condenser Microphones....
- 8 replies
- 7 participants
- 5,084 views
- 0 follower
rain_en
4

New AFfiliate
Member 22 years ago
03 February 2004 to 14:33Studio Condenser Microphones....
#1
I have a hard time choosing between these 2 mics to do my vocal recording.....What do you guys think ??
Shure KSM27
https://www.shure.com/microphones/models/ksm27.asp
Audio Technica 4040
http://www.audiotechnica.com/prodpro/profiles/AT4040.html
Both are about the same price range......
Help me out...
Shure KSM27
https://www.shure.com/microphones/models/ksm27.asp
Audio Technica 4040
http://www.audiotechnica.com/prodpro/profiles/AT4040.html
Both are about the same price range......
Help me out...
stevO_en
3

New AFfiliate
Member 22 years ago
04 February 2004 to 20:23
#2
If you are stuck set on one of those then I like the shure ksm27..
If you are still considering others have a look at the Behringer B2 Pro
http://www.behringer.com/02_products/prodindex.cfm?id=B-2PRO&lang=ENG&CFID=1162250&CFTOKEN=36111537
The list price is $289 CDN but I found some on eBay for under $200
If you are still considering others have a look at the Behringer B2 Pro
http://www.behringer.com/02_products/prodindex.cfm?id=B-2PRO&lang=ENG&CFID=1162250&CFTOKEN=36111537
The list price is $289 CDN but I found some on eBay for under $200
pdlstl
1

New AFfiliate
Member 22 years ago
05 February 2004 to 08:19
#3
Can't help you without knowing what type of vocals you're talking about.
I record a lot of acoustic music and much prefer the 4040 for these types of vocals.
Earl
I record a lot of acoustic music and much prefer the 4040 for these types of vocals.
Earl
rain_en
4

New AFfiliate
Member 22 years ago
06 February 2004 to 10:47
#4
I have more than 1 band so it goes from alternative rock with ballads to some Evanescence ( girl's voice) .......no screaming or nothing really.....
Just want a versaltile studio condenser......
Just want a versaltile studio condenser......
rain_en
4

New AFfiliate
Member 22 years ago
06 February 2004 to 10:08
#5
I have more than 1 band so it goes from alternative rock with ballads to some Evanescence ( girl's voice) .......no screaming or nothing really.....
Just want a versaltile studio condenser......
Just want a versaltile studio condenser......
Lou_en
8

New AFfiliate
Member 22 years ago
29 February 2004 to 11:05
#6
I find the KSM to be kind of crispy sounding, while the 4040 kind of darker. (my opinion only) Either is good in a pinch.
I would chose, (if you are going to general condenser) someting with a variable pattern at least to give the versatilty.
I would chose, (if you are going to general condenser) someting with a variable pattern at least to give the versatilty.
azsomachr
3

New AFfiliate
Member 20 years ago
12 October 2005 to 22:47
#7
Hey. Quickly. I`m about to buy a condenser mic, and i was just wondering if i needed anything to power it. I know i need phantom power but i suppose i can get that from my mixer (Which is a 12 channel Yamaha mixer)... am i wrong?
adish
1

New AFfiliate
Member 20 years ago
01 July 2006 to 23:50
#8
i am looking for a good and a reasonable mic for my home studio where i shall be using digi 002
HomeRecordingOdyssey
11

New AFfiliate
Member 20 years ago
04 October 2006 to 17:19
#9
%1$s a écrit i am looking for a good and a reasonable mic for my home studio where i shall be using digi 002
On Episode 20 of my Podcast a did a short round up of the mics that I own, you can hear samples as used for voice and for Acoustic guitar on each of the following mics:
Sure SM57
Sure SM58
Sure SM58 Copy (Imported frrom China I believe)
AKG D65 S
Audio Technica AT-2020
If you would like to here the recording before they are processed for the Podcast let me know and I will see if I can get a copy to you of just that segment.
Andrew
- List of moderators
- Rules
- Options