or
Create an account

or

Thread rode nt5 for stereo recording

• 5 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 rode nt5 for stereo recording
hello everyone. does anyone out there have any experience with rode nt5 mics? i'm looking for a good all-around mic for stereo recording, and i've heard some good things about these mics, i was just wondering if anyone out there has anyone first-hand experience with these mics. i saw a matched pair in musician's friend for what seemed to be a reasonable price. any comments or complaints about these mics would be appreciated. thanks.

papasauls
I have been recording for 20 years with large diaphram units and various small units. I bought these two weeks ago, and I am very impressed.
If you want no hype and a natural signal then these work wonders on acoustic guitar, and drum overheads as well as stereo micing.
You will have to add upper EQ if you want some sheen, as they are naturall dark, just like you hear in the room naturally. I think they give the KM184 a run for its money, as they are half the price almost for a pair compared to the Neumann. Depending on what you are recording, I don't think for the price you will be disapointed.
It depends on what you are recording and why.
thanks lou. i thought they would be a good set, but i would like to hear someone's personal opinion about them before i shelled out the cash. thanks for the reply. i'll probably go ahead and get the matched pair. can't wait to hear them. thanks again.

papasauls
You need Phantom power I hope you know?
HI Guys,

I used a matched pair of NT-5's to record the two of the songs on my site. "Sailors of the past" and "I do believe" in living stereo. If you want to hear vocals and guitars recorded as a unit here is the link. Thanks
Bbill Hall

http://www.billhall.us/music.html

%1$s a écrit hello everyone. does anyone out there have any experience with rode nt5 mics?

Yup... Multiple live recordings of concerts. Great mic. Maybe too good though. You may need to filter out air conditioning!