Edirol UM-1X
Edirol UM-1X

MIDI Interface from Edirol belonging to the UM series.

snoot58 snoot58
Publié le 11/14/06 à 01:22
This interface is perfect for use with a numrique piano (Clavinova). It is cross-platform, can work without special drivers, and particularly good compatibility with Linux trs. It allows me, combining my Clavinova, to record my improvisations and write compositions. It also allows use my Clavinova as an expander to play MIDI files of piano accompaniment (with his best a soundfont player).
I use part of the IBM X20 laptop (P3 600 Mz, 192 MHz RAM) and IBM R50 (P4M 1.7 GHz, 512 MB RAM) under Windows 2000, Linux and winWP.
I use it mostly with in combination with squenceur rosegarden4, sometimes to control the virtual synthtiseur zynaddsubfx or using Timidity (soundfont player).

The drivers are very stable, especially since they are Intgr in the operating system. However, for bnficier Reduces latency of drivers under Windows, it must pass through an installation process particulire and always plug into the same USB port. To use the Linux driver (module snd-usb-audio) without conflict, it is better to connect to APRS interface booting from Systm (otherwise the problem can be dtection matic).
I do not know if the windows drivers are often fast days, but as those provided with the CD-Rom work well ...
I do not see how it would be possible to saturate the MIDI interface with just a Clavinova. So everything works without problem, even with a modest configuration.

I use it for six months. I love the possibility to use it with any computer without installing anything. It is a pity to use against the driver windows optimized it a flaw position switch on the interface, and remains a perceptible latency, teachers to play live. But this comes from a weak windows OS that is not a time rel, and the interface does what it can ...
I have not tried before in other models because it is the only SPECIFICATIONS our answer my needs.
The report quality price of the article is good trs. Its operation is satisfactory trs.
I would do without this choice problem. But the future, manufacturers will add systmatiquement USB connectivity in addition to MIDI, and that kind of Casing will have no reason to be!