M-Audio Midisport 4x4
M-Audio Midisport 4x4

MIDI Interface from M-Audio belonging to the Midisport series.

Airl Tachyon-65 Airl Tachyon-65

« Cannot config without computer »

Published on 08/02/17 at 00:59
Value For Money : Correct
Audience: Advanced Users
It should have been no big deal to manufacture this 100$ midi device with a couple of dip switches to hard configure the base settings, rather than forcing the user into endless searching for software to configure this device.

All I needed was just midi in to midi thru, that's very basic. Why the manufacturer did not include the appropriate softwwre to configure this device is a mystery, in any case a bummer.

As I do not use any computer / daw with my music instruments, this device is a big no. I just don't understand why the basic base config is not simply midi in to midi thru, just like all the cheaper similar products.

I returned this device to the shop for a full refund. On ebay I found a 20$ midi in to midi thru spiltter that works perfectly without any software.

I give one star for the functionality and an extra star for the build, total 2 stars.