Art X-11
Art X-11
xride xride
Published on 07/06/08 at 04:48
How long have you use it?
2 days ...
As a guitarist, I use it to control my JMP-1 and my JFX-1 for Program Change (the only type of MIDI is capable of sending X-11 and he has 127)

What is so special that you like most and least?
Assets:
* Compact
* Very tough
* Easy to use
* Very low prices in time (it is no longer manufactured): I paid mine € 50
* Takes into account that the program change, which in my case is positive (see explanation below)

Minimum:
* The only thing that really seems to miss this pedal is battery powered, it's always good to separate from a power supply cable. further, especially when distance is relatively high rack of his or her head and that one does not necessarily have an outlet available.

The least (if you like Little Miss look stupid):
* As stated in the previous opinion, the switch is somewhat close to each other ... but after all, is what makes the compacticité of the X-11 but when a 49 as girl feet (or barges, the choice ...) it's not super obvious to press on one switch at a time.

Have you tried many other models before buying it?
I had a Roland FC-200 for 2 years I have sold recently, not because it was not a good pedal, it was even very good, only my current gear does not take into account that the PC I did not use 2/10ème as possible, so I was looking for a compact crankset, cheap, strong and possibly not taking into account that the PC (if you can avoid the unnecessary stuff, then avoid- ...), this is why the negative in others is a good thing for me.
The new machines can be configured to infinity, which is not the case with my equipment, that is why it suits me perfectly, that said, it is clear that if you want to send anything other than PC, then go your way because that's all that little pink-hued beast is capable of doing.

How would you rate the quality / price?
Excellent!
I thought at one time take a small MIDI switcher with 2 or 3 buttons, but the exorbitant price I was quickly suppressed in view of their Capacitive reduced to the extreme, so I resolved to find a pedal secondhand meet the most for me and the X-11 responds perfectly.

With experience, you do again this choice?
Oh Voui ^ ^

In conclusion:

This is a great pedal that fulfills very well the function of its own: PC and send it all.
Proponents of CC modes, note or other Sysex will have to settle for another pedal that the X-11.