[Musikmesse] Blue Cat Audio MB-7 Mixer
Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer, a powerful multiband manipulation plug-in, and a new bundle: Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack.
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer is a plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets the user mix them as if they were separate tracks. Each band proposes various controls: bypass, mute or solo to isolate frequencies, gain adjustment, "stereoness" (spread) and position in the stereo field (pan). The plug-in also proposes linking and grouping options within a single instance, or between several instances, on multiple tracks. It can be used for multiple applications: from mixing to mastering, or audio restoration.
As an extra, the plug-in has been designed to work in conjonction with the previously released Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix plug-in for multiband side chain dynamics processing. A dedicated tutorial is available on the editor's website (www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/Tutorial_Multiband_Dynamics_SideChain).
The plug-in can be purchased alone or within the refreshed Blue Cat's Energy Pack and Blue Cat's All Plugins Pack plug-ins bundles. It is also part of the new Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack that includes the Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix plug-in for multiband side chain applications. All these products are available at a special introduction price (up to 22% off) until the end of the month, while existing Blue Cat Audio customers have access to several crossgrade offers.
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer main features:
- Multiband mixing console: adjust the levels, panning and "stereoness" of each band separately.
- Multiple instances linking: group bands within a single instance or between multiple instances of the plug-in, and modify the spectrum on multiple tracks with a single slider.
- Up to 7 bands, with crossover filters from 6 to 96 dB/Oct for optimal separation.
- Bypass, mute, solo on every band.
- Mono switch on master for mono compatibility check.
- Visual feedback with real time response curves and levels display for each band.
- Side chaining: a way to perform multi-band side chain compression, ducking, gating and more.
- Plug-in window transparency management.
Products and Bundles links:
Prices (Special introduction price until the end of the month):
- Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer: 69 EUR or $92 (instead of 80 EUR or $119) [-22%]
- Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack: 220 EUR or $288 (instead of 259 EUR or $339) [-15%]
- Blue Cat's Energy Pack: 288 EUR or $381 (instead of 339 EUR or $449) [-15%]
- Blue Cat's All Plugins Pack: 899 EUR or $1169 (instead of 999 EUR or $1299) [-10%]
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?