[Musikmesse] Blue Cat Audio MB-7 Mixer
Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer, a powerful multiband manipulation plug-in, and a new bundle: Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack.
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer is a plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets the user mix them as if they were separate tracks. Each band proposes various controls: bypass, mute or solo to isolate frequencies, gain adjustment, "stereoness" (spread) and position in the stereo field (pan). The plug-in also proposes linking and grouping options within a single instance, or between several instances, on multiple tracks. It can be used for multiple applications: from mixing to mastering, or audio restoration.
As an extra, the plug-in has been designed to work in conjonction with the previously released Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix plug-in for multiband side chain dynamics processing. A dedicated tutorial is available on the editor's website (www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/Tutorial_Multiband_Dynamics_SideChain).
The plug-in can be purchased alone or within the refreshed Blue Cat's Energy Pack and Blue Cat's All Plugins Pack plug-ins bundles. It is also part of the new Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack that includes the Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix plug-in for multiband side chain applications. All these products are available at a special introduction price (up to 22% off) until the end of the month, while existing Blue Cat Audio customers have access to several crossgrade offers.
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer main features:
- Multiband mixing console: adjust the levels, panning and "stereoness" of each band separately.
- Multiple instances linking: group bands within a single instance or between multiple instances of the plug-in, and modify the spectrum on multiple tracks with a single slider.
- Up to 7 bands, with crossover filters from 6 to 96 dB/Oct for optimal separation.
- Bypass, mute, solo on every band.
- Mono switch on master for mono compatibility check.
- Visual feedback with real time response curves and levels display for each band.
- Side chaining: a way to perform multi-band side chain compression, ducking, gating and more.
- Plug-in window transparency management.
Products and Bundles links:
Prices (Special introduction price until the end of the month):
- Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer: 69 EUR or $92 (instead of 80 EUR or $119) [-22%]
- Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack: 220 EUR or $288 (instead of 259 EUR or $339) [-15%]
- Blue Cat's Energy Pack: 288 EUR or $381 (instead of 339 EUR or $449) [-15%]
- Blue Cat's All Plugins Pack: 899 EUR or $1169 (instead of 999 EUR or $1299) [-10%]
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] IK Multimedia Lowers Prices on 3 Products IK Multimedia has announced that starting this April, StealthPlug and AmpliTube Fender Studio are now $99.99 / €74.99. Plus you can also get Ampeg SVX at its new low price for $129.99 / €99.99.
- [Musikmesse] Roland Quad-Capture The Quad-Capture interface comes with a pair of VS Preamps onboard, plus 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality, low latency performance, and USB bus power.
- [Musikmesse] Lexicon 224 for UAD-2 The Lexicon 224 plug-in for UAD-2 is designed to capture eight reverb programs available in original 224 firmware version 4.4, including every tunable parameter, with unique fader-style controls, according to the company.