[Musikmesse] Blue Cat Audio MB-7 Mixer
Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer, a powerful multiband manipulation plug-in, and a new bundle: Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack.
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer is a plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets the user mix them as if they were separate tracks. Each band proposes various controls: bypass, mute or solo to isolate frequencies, gain adjustment, "stereoness" (spread) and position in the stereo field (pan). The plug-in also proposes linking and grouping options within a single instance, or between several instances, on multiple tracks. It can be used for multiple applications: from mixing to mastering, or audio restoration.
As an extra, the plug-in has been designed to work in conjonction with the previously released Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix plug-in for multiband side chain dynamics processing. A dedicated tutorial is available on the editor's website (www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/Tutorial_Multiband_Dynamics_SideChain).
The plug-in can be purchased alone or within the refreshed Blue Cat's Energy Pack and Blue Cat's All Plugins Pack plug-ins bundles. It is also part of the new Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack that includes the Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix plug-in for multiband side chain applications. All these products are available at a special introduction price (up to 22% off) until the end of the month, while existing Blue Cat Audio customers have access to several crossgrade offers.
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer main features:
- Multiband mixing console: adjust the levels, panning and "stereoness" of each band separately.
- Multiple instances linking: group bands within a single instance or between multiple instances of the plug-in, and modify the spectrum on multiple tracks with a single slider.
- Up to 7 bands, with crossover filters from 6 to 96 dB/Oct for optimal separation.
- Bypass, mute, solo on every band.
- Mono switch on master for mono compatibility check.
- Visual feedback with real time response curves and levels display for each band.
- Side chaining: a way to perform multi-band side chain compression, ducking, gating and more.
- Plug-in window transparency management.
Products and Bundles links:
Prices (Special introduction price until the end of the month):
- Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer: 69 EUR or $92 (instead of 80 EUR or $119) [-22%]
- Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack: 220 EUR or $288 (instead of 259 EUR or $339) [-15%]
- Blue Cat's Energy Pack: 288 EUR or $381 (instead of 339 EUR or $449) [-15%]
- Blue Cat's All Plugins Pack: 899 EUR or $1169 (instead of 999 EUR or $1299) [-10%]
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.