SonoReplicator has announced the release of SonoReplicator VST, a VST effect plug-in for Windows designed to turn standard speakers and earphones into acoustic copies (replicas) of studio monitors or any other real or ideal speakers and earphones.
The replication is implemented by means of a method of digital audio correction. You can use SonoReplicator to improve the sound of your speakers and earphones. You can listen to the sound examples at sonoreplicator.com/mp3demo.
You need a microphone to work with the SonoReplicator plug-in. Professional measurement microphones are more accurate, however, cheap PC microphones are also suitable to improve the sound of conventional speakers and earphones. The microphone is necessary to measure the frequency response of your speakers or earphones.
The process of the measurement is described in the program’s Help. The measured frequency response can be saved as a file and loaded when necessary.
The program displays three kinds of plots:
- Original frequency responses.
- Etalon frequency responses.
- Resultant frequency responses.
It is possible to use two types of the etalon frequency responses: frequency responses of ideal speakers (earphones) or frequency responses of real speakers (earphones). SonoReplicator generates a digital signal processing algorithm which can be used to correct the frequency responses of your speakers or earphones in accordance with the chosen etalon. The algorithm can be saved as a file for the permanent use. It is possible to save a few algorithms for different speakers and earphones. Such algorithms can be loaded into the SonoReplicator plug-in to make the appropriate change in the sound of your speakers or earphones. If everything is done correctly, the corrected frequency response of your speakers or earphones will be similar to the frequency response of the chosen etalon.
SonoReplicator VST costs $29.95.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Best Service Chris Hein Horns Compact Best Service introduces a new library of Brass & Woodwind instruments for Jazz, Pop, Big-Band, Funk and Cinematic Productions.
- Waldorf Lector v1.0.1 Waldorf has updated Lector to version 1.0.1, which adds 64-bit compatibility to all its Macintosh and Windows plug-in variants and contains the factory presets in VST3 and Audio Unit format.
- Digigram IQOYA *MOBILE Digigram, has expanded its IQOYA family of hardware and software audio-over-IP solutions and introduced IQOYA *MOBILE, Digigram’s iPhone App for remote Audio over IP field contribution.