Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec 2.0
Sonnox has announced that the Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in has been updated to version 2.0.
The plug-in offers the ability to audition, encode and decode audio with codecs such as mp3 and AAC in real-time,
Version 2 sees the inclusion of Apple's iTunes Plus codec so you can mix for the "Mastered for iTunes" programme, monitoring the same clip behaviour as the iTunes encoding chain.
Also new in Version 2:
- 64-bit compatibility.
- Additional codec - Fraunhofer MPEG Surround.
- Additional codec - Apple AAC iTunes Plus (Mac only).
- AAC-LC support for 256kbps VBR.
- AAC-LC and HE-AAC support for 96kHz sample rate.
- HD-AAC support for 16-bit files.
Pricing & Availability:
Pricing is the same: £295 / $495. Existing owners can upgrade free of charge here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sonic Charge Echobode Rack Extension Sonic Charge has announced the release of its Echobode effect plug-in for Propellerhead Reason.
- Plogue chipsounds v1.6 chipsounds, which emulates the 8-bit sound chips from classic video game consoles, home computers and arcade games has been updated to 1.6.
- Avid VenuePack 4 Avid recently announced the availability of Venue Pack 4, a suite of plug-in and utilities that will come bundled with Venue Digital Console Systems.