Agrandir
Paul Watson Paul Watson

« Exception Build »

Published on 08/16/21 at 08:50
Audience: Advanced Users
Guitarist for 41 years... I own a small collection of guitars and several which have been heavily modified to suit my taste and ergonomics. With that said, Patrick creates instruments that are hot-rodded and built to suit (tailored) to the player physically. One of my primary concerns and one of the first questions I asked Patrick was about the neck... the modifications I have made to several of my guitars over the years has been custom necks to fit my hand... Patrick request a trace of your hand to build an optimal neck based from the tracing. When I got the guitar from Patrick, I was blown away by how precise the neck was and how closely it was in alignment with my other custom necks.

Need to state that Patrick is a true artist and a complete gentleman across the board... I enjoyed the entire process and felt like I was in the shop during the build... exception communication and documentation along the way.

My style / fusion... I am a mutt and dabble in every style... tend to lean towards progressive metal / shred.

The guitar is a work of art and nature. Feel, look, playability is off the charts. Amazing that Patrick builds these instruments by hand... the level of craftmanship is just impeccable. All of the materials, finishes and attention to detail... just an exceptional instrument... solid and gorgeous. The electronics and pick-ups are solid with a huge tonal spectrum (aggressive and clean-up well when rolled off). Playability is exceptional as well... good balance... tone and sustain for days. The fret work is impeccable... perfect crown and edges are dressed perfectly.

Look, if you are a serious player / artist you owe it to yourself to look into this builder and these guitars... they are on a completely different level from the run of the mill guitars available today. Don't get me wrong, I own custom shop guitars in addition to my Hufschmid... while I love them, I covet my Hufschmid and consider it to be a family heirloom... truly a work of art.

Check out his plectrums too... off the chart craftsmanship with everything Hufschmid!

Images linked to this review

• photo