Line 6 Spider 112
Line 6 Spider 112
MGR/Jesse MGR/Jesse

« Line 6 Spider 112 »

Publié le 07/18/04 à 15:00
I bougt this amplifier at a local Sam Ash for $299 because I needed an amp with versatility and decent power.

This amp's clean sound is heavenly. It's extremely smooth and uhh...clean. Turn the drive all the way to zero and no matter how high the volume is there is not a single grain of distortion and it's completely smooth. With some chorus and delay, it's the best clean sound I've ever heard in my life. It has nice blues and rockibily sounds that are very warm. It also has good punk/metal sounds that are chunky and pretty good for shredding. With fifty watts and a 12-inch speaker its got a decent amount of volume.

First of all, when you're playing with distortion, the sound seems to differ depending on where you stand in relation to the amp. It sounds amazing when you're standing near the amp, but if you back up with the amp still facing you the sound becomes a little harsh. This makes miking the amp difficult but it does mike very well once you've found the right spot. Another thing: if my mic is on the right side of the amp it humms for some strange reason. The worst thing is that I can't hear myself play when I play with a band. The distortion just doesn't cut through.

Whithin a year I had problems that I would experience right after pulling the headphones plug out of the jack. For a few hours, it would either not produce sound at all or the sound would have unusually scooped mids...kind of cool sometimes. If I use headphones, I just have to remember to turn the amp off before pulling them out and I don't seem to have that problem. Now I've had the amp for four years and the only problem I have is that the reverb knob feels like it's scratching against something in the inside of the amp when I turn it.

This amp does it all from playin clean to shreddin' and it mics up well providing you avoid trouble spots, but I would recommend it to a beginner guitarist as opposed to a pro.