IK Multimedia Now Shipping ARC System
IK Multimedia has announced that ARC System (Advanced Room Correction System), the first acoustical room correction system in a plug-in for MAC/PC DAW based studios, is now shipping.
IK Multimedia has teamed up with Audyssey, a leading provider of sound equalization solutions, to provide engineers and musicians with the first innovative, low-cost and mobile solution on the market to correct the phase and frequency distortion problems caused by room acoustics in the studio mixing environment: ARC System.
ARC System (Advanced Room Correction System) is a combination of a professionally calibrated measurement microphone, a measuring software application and a multi-platform plug-in that can be integrated with any DAW-based studio, capable of correcting the distortion caused by room acoustics and able to improve how a studio will sound forever.
ARC System Features:
1. Room measurement software for Mac/PC.
2. VST, RTAS, AU correction plug-in for Mac/PC most popular DAWs (such as Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Live, etc.).
3. Professional measurement microphone:
- Type: 1/4" precision measurement condenser microphone.
- Polar pattern: omni directional, free field.
- Capsule frequency response: 20-16,000 Hz.
- Calibrated frequency response when used with ARC: 16-20,000 Hz, +/- 1.5 dB.
- Output: transformerless, electronically balanced, 200 ohms output impedance.
- Sensitivity: 50 mV/Pa.
- Noise Equivalent Level: 22 dB.
- Max SPL: 130 dB for 3% THD.
ARC System Measurement Software features:
- Automatic multi-point room measurement system, wizard based, based on Audyssey MultEQ technology.
- Measurement precision when used with ARC System microphone: +/- 1.5 dB.
- Requires 48 kHz operation (only for measurements).
- Requires ASIO Audio Hardware on Windows Vista or XP, CoreAudio on Mac OS X.
- Saves Measurements sets to be opened on the ARC System Correction Plug-In.
ARC System Correction Plug-In features:
- Multi platform high quality Frequency AND Time correction processor based on Audyssey MultEQ technology.
- Correction precision when used with ARC System microphone: +/- 1.5 dB.
- Correction processor resolution: 32 bits floating point.
- Correction processor supported sampling rates: 32 kHz to 96 kHz.
- Four target curves.
- Graphic Frequency response display.
Price & Availability
ARC System has an MSRP of €579/$699. A crossgrade version for all IK registered users is available at the reduced price of €419/$499. ARC System is now available through IK's network of dealers and distributors.