QuikQuak releases Pitchwheel plug-in
QuikQuak has released a real-time pitch changing plug-in.
The Pitchwheel plug-in changes the pitch of a sound without changing its length. It has a large, easy to use dial and simple parameters making it a fast and creative effect unit.
It has a range of two semi-tones to two octaves, which gives you control from subtle tuning changes to wild swings of pitch. The user pointer acts as a desired pitch change, and the actual pitch is produced by smoothing and inertia controls. Pitchwheel moves towards the desired pitch at sample accuracy, enabling nice transitions without stepping. A DJ turntable feel can be created with some play, but the difference here is that the tempo remains the same, so your track can go on without sequence timing changes.
You can of course use it static, to create odd alien sounds, and character changes. Dopler effects can be easily simulated, or just use it to alter background atmospheres in real-time to get them just right.
The stereo image is kept intact on all pitches, without movement across the channels.
The buffer size parameter gives you control of the internal processing; some sounds work better on larger sizes, others, like percussion benefit from smaller buffers. All latencies are kept the same on all sizes.
- Changes the pitch but not the length of a sound.
- Suitable for experiments and live performances.
- Full range adjustments from one semitone to an octave up or down.
- Intertia parameters for springy vibrato effects.
- Sample accurate changes prevent stepped pitch changes.
- Phase locked for stereo sounds.
- Buffer size changes, allows quality adjustments for vocal or percusion.
- Visual feed-back with semitone snap, and actual pitch indicator.
- Low CPU consumption.
for more info go to http://www.quikquak.com
Viewers of this article also read...
- Loopmasters - House Generation Loopmasters releases Marshall Jefferson - House Generation.
- Ueberschall Minimal Techno Ueberschall Announces Minimal Techno Sound Library.
- Togu Audio Line Bassline [Freeware] TAL-BassLine is a free virtual analog bass synthesizer especially made for bass, acid sounds and effects.