Create an account

or

Thread Problem with new 828

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Problem with new 828
Hello all,

I have a 2 computer setup, one running Protools (P) which is the main one and a second one running Logic and Live (L). (L) serves as a super-synth in the sense that I send midi data to it from (P) and the audio the various software synths in Logic and Live produce are sent back to a Protools 192 Digital via the new MOTU 828 which is the audio interface for (L). Basically this works perfectly. But I have vocoders in both Logic and Live and want to use them in the following way (which by the way worked perfectly well with a former RME fireface on an older computer). Two tracks are created in Protools, an instrument track and an audio track. The instrument track sends its data (either midi or audio depending on the type of vocoder) to (L) as carrier signal and the audio track sends its data to an analog input which goes to the sidechain input of the vocoder. It is here that the problem begins, although the 828 registers the audio coming in nothing is registered in the sidechain. This happens both with Logic and with Live. So the problem is probably not there. It has to be with the 828 (imho). Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks a million for any help, cheers, Bob
Forget it. SOLVED. Very strange that in the mac preferences you have to give permission to use "the microphone" :-)