DigiTech Whammy II
DigiTech Whammy II
soccerplayer25 soccerplayer25
Publié le 03/25/08 à 15:41
The Digitech Whammy II is a unique pedal that is a pitch shifter and has a detune option (which is like a chorus) and numerous harmony options. It is an analog effect and has a 1/4'' input and both 1/4'' wet and dry outputs. It has a bypass switch and is not a rackable effect.

This was really easy to set up - simply plug your guitar or other instrument into the input and send the wet output to an amp. The manual is very helpful for getting some sounds you might not have thought about on your own.

The pitch shifting effects on this pedal are truly great sounding on guitar. I love shifting up or down an octave and can make for some crazy effects. While I have not used it myself on keyboards, I did lend this pedal to a friend who used it a lot with his Yamaha Motif and said he loved using it with that. The detune option is also a great sounding chorus-like effect.

I've had this pedal for about two years. My least favorite thing about it is that it isn't true bypassed and does color the sound a bit when bypassed. However, unlike the newer models of the Whammy, this has a button that you can bypass the sound, something that comes in handy when you want to bypass the sound but have no free hands. I've used both the original Whammy and the reissue and while I wish the Whammy II had a bigger foot pedal like the others, the sound quality is quite comparable and the bypass switch really puts it over the top for me.