AAX Versions of Moogerfooger & Classic Compressors
Avid has announced that the AAX versions of the Moogerfooger and Classic Compressors plug-in bundles are now available.
Moogerfooger Bundle v10.2 (£449.95)
The Moogerfooger plug-ins combine features of audio effects and vintage synth modules.
- The Moogerfooger Ring Modulator's wide-range carrier oscillator and dual waveform LFO mean motion on rhythm tracks and low-fidelity textures.
- The Moogerfooger Lowpass Filter's envelope follower delivers classic '60s and '70s sounds on bass and electric guitar. Or dial up fat analog for any instrument using the 2-pole/4-pole variable resonance filter.
- The Moogerfooger 12-Stage Phaser combines a switchable 6- or 12-stage phaser with a variable LFO. Start with tremolo or modulation effects, then crank the distortion and resonant filters for new sounds.
- The Moogerfooger Analog Delay. Due to component shortages, fewer than 1,000 of "real-world" version were made. The designers snagged serial #1 and modeled the classic analog design.
Classic Compressors v10.2 (£449.95)
This release includes the rest of the Classic Compressors bundle following the prior release of BF-2A AAX.
The Classic Compressors bundle includes the following plug-ins:
- BF-2A: The BF-2A is modeled after the LA-2A. The BF-2A tube compressor plug-in's vintage sound is designed to deliver warmth and classic compression.
- BF-3A: A component of the Classic Compressors line, the BF-3A plug-in is designed to add smoothness and sonic texture.
- Purple Audio MC77: The Purple Audio MC77 is modeled by Andrew Roberts of Purple Audio, Inc. It is a digital replica of Roberts' MC77 Limiting Amplifier, which in turn is an update of his classic MC76 hardware unit. Representing a different take on the 1176-style FET limiter, Purple Audio MC77 gives you access to the original.
- Fairchild 660 and 670: Designed in the early 1950s, the Fairchild 660 and 670 are variable-mu limiters. Variable-mu designs use an unusual form of vacuum tube that is capable of changing its gain dynamically.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Soundfield UPM-1 Software v2 SoundField has announced the availability of a version 2 software upgrade for the UPM-1 stereo-to-5.1 upmix processor.
- Avid Updates Pro Tools 10 Avid has released updates for Pro Tools to version 10.1.2 for Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10 on Mac OS X and Windows 7.
- Sinevibes Reactive Sinevibes announced its upcoming new AudioUnit plugin, Reactive, developed to turn any audio into melodic material.