The Sound Guy has announced the release of Spectral Machine, a frequency-domain plug-in featuring a range of spectral effects.
- Spectral Freeze.
- Delay Spectral Bands.
- 3-band Amplitude Modulation.
- Pitch Quantization.
General Purpose Effects:
- Delay Spectral Bands: Apply separate delays to different spectral bands, with individual control over the amount of feedback in each band.
- Spectral Freeze: Click the “Fire” button to freeze the sound, which then decays at different rates for high and low frequencies. Click the “Reset” button to unfreeze.
- Sample & Hold: Similar to Spectral Freeze, but it automatically retriggers at a specified interval.
- 3 AM: A tremolo effect with individual control over the modulation rate and depth in three frequency bands.
- 3-Band Filter: Precise control over the gain in three user-selected frequency bands.
- Spectral Peak/Notch: Lets you boost or attenuate an arbitrarily narrow frequency band around a specified frequency.
- Oscillating Peak/Notch: Interesting peak/notch effect with an oscillating center frequency.
Monophonic Effects (for monophonic sources such as solo voice, clarinet, sax, etc.)
- Pitch Shift: Frequency-domain transposition with timbre preservation.
- Harmonize: Multiple transposition with timbre preservation.
- Pitch Quantizer: Nudge each note to the nearest semitone, for pitch correction or to create an interesting vocal effect.
- Pitch Isolate: Isolates the tonal portion from the rest of the sound.
- Sine / Noise: Gives you independent control over the sinusoidal and noise/transient portions of the sound.
- Spectral Shapeshifter: Lets you change the shape of vocal formants (spectral envelope) without affecting the pitch.
- Vibrato: Frequency-modulates only the sinusoidal component.
- Robotization: Changes the pitch to a fixed frequency for a robotic effect.
Pricing & Availability:
Spectral Machine costs $75 (plus tax where applicable) and is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and Audio Unit plug-in formats.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.