[MUSIKMESSE] Zynaptiq presents Wormhole
Zynaptiq introduces Wormhole, a new effects processing plugin aimed at creating otherworldy sounds.
According to its developer, Wormhole combines an eccentric spectral warping section with a lush reverb and precision-engineered processor that integrates pitch and frequency shifting into a single process – offering unique sonic characteristics and "near-perfect" side-band and carrier suppression. Wormhole is aimed at sound designers, film composers and and electronic musicians alike looking for a variety of sounds such as alien voices, surreal ambiences, space-ship drones, off-the-wall electronic instrument sounds, or other special effects.
- WARP section with unique spectral warping circuit.
- SHIFT section with +- 4 octaves of pitch-shifting and +- 4000Hz of frequency shifting, performed in one calculation.
- Selectable processing order for WARP and SHIFT.
- "Near-perfect" side-band and carrier suppression on the frequency shifter for signficantly enhanced results.
- Unique pitch shifter design with distinct sonic characteristics.
- Lush sounding reverb section.
- MIDI Control of all key parameters.
Wormhole is announced for the second quarter of 2016. More details at www.zynaptiq.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.