Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
jeanloupPecquais jeanloupPecquais
Published on 10/26/12 at 00:58
It is an analog pedal 2 in 1 part overdrive and distortion part
The graphics are very very nice

A switch to enable each party, both combined, short rolling!

Good first warning, it is not plug and play!

Please take the time to know the beast to understand how react adjustment, especially the knob "volt"

Otherwise it works in 9V, there is a bias knob that acts as a compression the rest is relatively basic.

While some focus:
Despite its name this is NOT a Big Muff! Some say that it is me yet his name, yes, but that is somewhat misleading, let me explain.

This pedal has no grain of classic big muff, very heavy, with a large sustain etc etc ... Do not think you can output audio on the gilmour comfortably numb solo as with this pedal. It really has nothing to do with her cousins ​​Triangle, Ram's Head and other Sovtek resurrected.

That being said, this is by no means a failure, it is typically vintage with. A wide dynamic range (the overdrive clean boost with uncompressed audio that's what sublimate your clear sound)

From the distortion alone is a bit limited and makes sense for the game boosted with overdrive.

Small note: the amp has ample almost mandatory to truly harness the beast: I tested it on a fender blues deluxe is a treat!

Excellent pedal from EHX who had disgusted with his big muff ressuis USA is an unspeakable horror! (For those who are happy with, tried the big muff clone the old shop that big muff, then it rocks!)

I used to play floyd 70s (up wish you were here) it was ideal.

I do longer serves for some time, I went on sounds more modern, but it brings happiness to my daddy!

Anyway, I recommend it strongly!