Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
Residente Residente

«  Excellent value for money »

Published on 08/23/13 at 01:06
OD and distortion circuit with "Germanium" supposed to reproduce the sound of 60's - 70's
2 any analog switch

Not read the manual
Ultra simple, the "volt" button to simulate a dying battery is really interesting to get very heavy very grimey distos

used with a Strat and a 335 ES, obviously there is a difference of gain but it is manageable. I often combinais the two floors of the front foot, but I now use rather independently. The sound is less messy and there is less volume surges.

I have 2 years I think. Before I played on DS1 and DS2 and multi purpose but I was looking for a good vintage sound, or this pedal it all: rich in midrange distortion, vintage palette of sounds nice grain without a gas plant .. . For a really great price. That said it does not replace a good OD and a separate distortion in my opinion. I think more to acquire a Boss BD2 to complete a hard-OD, Germa and keep only the distortion with two gain stages background