Livid Instruments Code Firmware Update
Livid Instruments has updated Code's firmware, implementing user-requesting changes in the past 6 months.
- Dual Speed Encoders: You can set 2 different speeds for encoders, where this shifted speed is accessed by assigning one of the buttons on the Code controller as the speed shifter. Any button can act as the speed shift, and a macro is in the Encode panel in the CodeEditor to set the Logo button as the speed shift.
- Prettier Lights: LED rings have the options of working as “walk” or “fill” mode. The “walk” mode (default) illuminates only one or two leds to indicate value. The “fill” mode will illuminate all LEDs that precede the current value, eventually lighting all LEDs at the maximum value.
- More pretty lights: The LEDs for the button LEDs have 3 modes for illumination controlled by velocity values. 1-31: LED Blink, 032-063: LED Blink Fast, 064-127: LED On. Velocity 0, of course, turns it off.
- Roll Your Own: Sysex command for independent control of all LEDs in the encoder LED rings.
- Local Control for Encoder rings lets you take over the LED rings with your own illumination designs.
- Relative mode (inc/dec) has been changed to better integrate with Ableton Live and Native Instruments Traktor.
- Feedback Friendly: The encoders work better with Traktor.
- A new CodeEditor software gives you access to these new features in the Inspector and the new Encode panel. See the wiki manual for more information: wiki.lividinstruments.com/wiki/Ohm64_Editor
- Complete technical details of implementation can be found here: wiki.lividinstruments.com/wiki/Code#Code_Sysex
To get this, first, you have to have a Windows, Intel Mac OSX.5+, or Linux computer. You can download the update zip from the Livid Instruments downloads page, then follow the instructions in the ReadMe. Here’s a video that show how it’s done:
Viewers of this article also read...
- Korg iMS-20 v1.5 The Korg iMS-20 Version 1.5 is available for download at Apple's App Store (iTunes Store), with special pricing in effect through April 30, 2011.
- NI Updates Absynth 5, FM8 & Massive Native Instruments has released updates for the Windows and Mac OS X versions of Massive, FM8 and Absynth. All now feature Mac OS X 64-bit compatibility (AU, VST & Standalone).
- Cytomic Updates The Glue to v1.1.4 Cytomic has updated The Glue to version 1.1.4, designed to offer improved performance and compatibility.