URS Phat C (Compressor) Beta
URS has announced the release of a Public Beta of its new compressor plug-in, Phat C, a multi-purpose analog-sounding compressor for individual tracks and buses that replicates characteristics of several hardware compressors.
Phat C's Input Stage adds saturation to color and effect the compressor's response to different program material.
Six saturation models recreate vintage harmonics and soft clipping that effect transients before compression. A "Spank" mode is included for those that need to "spank their transients even harder".
- Six Input Stage Saturation Models: VCA, Opto, Fet, Tranny, Tape and Tube.
- Input Saturation Mix control.
- High Pass filter.
- Threshold Control.
- Ratio 1.2:1, 1:5.1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1, 8:1, 10:1.
- Soft Knee for Ratio 1.2 and 1.5.
- Attack selectable Fast 20ms or Normal.
- Release adjustable from 50ms to 3 seconds.
- Gain Make Up from 0db to 40db.
- Compressor Wet/Dry Mix slider.
- Phase reverse switch.
- Gain clipping indicator.
- In/Out Bypass switch.
- Plasma Style Input and Output VU Meters.
Pricing & Availability
Phat C is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and RTAS plug-in formats.
It has an MSRP of $249.99 but is currently available for the introductory Public Beta period offer pricing of $99.99 until the end of January, 2010.
A 10-day demo is available (iLok required).
Viewers of this article also read...
- WOK Skalenmeister & Polymeister WOK has announced the release of Skalenmeister, a MIDI effect that forces incoming notes to a given scale and key.
- Producer Loops Deep Tech Funk Vol 1 'Deep Tech Funk Vol 1' features 350MB of content for producing Techno, Electro, Progressive, Funkie Minimalist and Deep Tech.
- ION Audio iDiscover Keyboard iDiscover Keyboard is designed to transform your iPhone or iPod touch into a music creation studio.