[NAMM] The Roland System-1 in v1.2 and plug-in
Roland has released, just before Summer NAMM, v1.2 update for its Aira System-1/m synthesizers and launches the plug-in version of the System-1.
The new version 1.2 for the System-1 and System-1m synths now gives you the ability to store up to 64 patches in 8 banks and add 6 new waveforms to both oscillators: Noise Saw, Logic Operation (employs a logic circuit to combine multiple waveforms), FM, FM+Sync, Vowel and CB (a metallic one-shot sound).
The update is available now for free download from www.roland.com/aira/system-1_v.html.
Roland also developed a software version of the System-1 modeling synthesizer, which is now available as a VST and AU plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. Users of the hardware version can use the plug-in as an advanced librarian and editor but it also can be used as a virtual instrument within your DAW.
The System-1 Software Synthesizer features the following:
- 2 oscillators, one sub-oscillator and a noise generator
- 12 types of waveforms, including Super Saw, Super Square, FM, Vowel and more
- Oscillator cross-modulation and Color control to continuously change the waveforms
- Arpeggiator with Scatter function
- -12 and -24 dB filters with independent high-pass
- Tone control
- Built-in delay, reverb and crusher effets
- Tempo-syncable LFO and Delay
The plug-in is available www.roland.com. Owners of the System-1 and System-1m benefit from a special price of $95 / 75 € instead of $145 / 110 €, new customers will pay $145 / 110 € instead of $195 / 145 € until August 6th.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Akai introduces the MPD 2 series Akai announces the release in a few days of the improved MPD series of MIDI pad controllers, which includes three models.
- Included with the Advance controllers, VIP brings your VST instruments together We recently reviewed the Akai Advance 49 keyboard. In fact, we gave it an Audiofanzine Award for Innovation. A big part of the value of the Advance series keyboards is how they integrate with the included VIP software (standalone and plug-in), which allows you to access all of your VIP instruments from one convenient interface. In this video, we take VIP through its paces.
- Harrison releases Mixbus 3 The Harrison Consoles team has updated its website for the launching of the 3rd version of the Mixbus DAW for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.