Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer

Overdrive pedal from Ibanez belonging to the 9 series.

MGR/Randy MGR/Randy

« Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer »

Published on 04/07/03 at 15:00
I bought this awesome little guitar effect at Guitar Center for $110. I've been trying to get that SRV sound by changing pickups, different amp, and a boss blues driver pedal. I read that Stevie used the tube screamer so I took a chance.

This thing rocks!! After all this time and money all I needed was this little pedal. I'm sure the pickups and fender amp help but if you want a good blues sound or just increase the mid's from a single coil guitar this is it. Also, there are 4 different settings for the type of boost you want. The drive varies also which is good for me because I like to play clean a lot. You also have tone and level so you have plenty of leeway to get your sound.

I would have to say (if anything) is the green color. I sound like a woman when I say this but when your amplifier is silver and black along with all your wah pedal and effects rack and there's this green pedal. Looks kinda weird but who cares. If it was good enough for Stevie then it's good enough for me.

It's as good as any stomp pedal but a little bit heavier. Seems to be made very sturdy.

For playing the blues I would highly recomend this pedal. I played the tube screamer through a friends Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and it rocked. Of course he went out and bought one. Hey Ibanez, where's my commision. I play a fender fat strat through a small 15 watt fender reverb just for fun and jamming with friends so with the tube screamer it really rocks. The Boss Blues Driver should be discontinued or changes it's name to nice looking blue pedal.