Manley Langevin Backbone
Manley Labs has announced the upcoming release of BACKBONE .
Backbone is an insert switch based on custom consoles to help manage the details of analog signal processing chains.
- 3 inputs, can be both left-right swapped and polarity reversed.
- Separate left and right, ½ db stepped gold contact rotary switches control input and output gains.
- 8 insert points engage units or hard-wire bypass them.
- To prevent compressor surprises, an isolated signal is fed to any device when bypassed.
- "Sum -- Difference" or "mid-side" encoding and decoding for insert 2 & 3.
- Apparent "width" can be altered with another dedicated ½ db stepped 24-position rotary switch.
- Further control is provided with the ability to gently mix in a different processed signal.
- A "Swap" button reverses the order of inserts 4 & 5.
- A Penny and Giles rotary fader.
- Over 70 gold contact sealed relays for signal routing, with left and right signals on dedicated separate circuit boards for channel separation.
TBR in early 2008, 4300 $