Logitech Wireless Desktop MK320
Logitech Wireless Desktop MK320
JeffTadashi JeffTadashi

« Convenient wireless keyboard/mouse set »

Published on 07/02/12 at 19:50
What's great about the Logitech MK320 is that the wireless keyboard and mouse are linked together, and therefore, they only use one usb spot. The dongle is also very small, and it won't take up space from surrounding usb ports on the back, front, or side of the computer. However, to save battery power, there are no lights on the keyboard that indicate when caps lock, scroll lock, or num lock are on or not. You have to use software notifiers (which are usually located in the lower right task-bar) or just mentally keep a note of when they are on or not. Like most keyboards, there are two kickstands/feet on the top back of the keyboard that nicely tilt and elevate the keyboard; a must for me, on any keyboard. The keyboard takes two AAA batteries, and I don't have to change out the batteries very often.

The mouse uses a single AA battery, and there is a notification light on the top that lets you know when the battery needs to be changed. The mouse works great, and works just as well as most quality wireless mice, from manufacturers such as Microsoft and Logitech's other main brands. The mouse is sleek, has nice curves that fit the right hand well, and it feels and functions great. My only problems with the MK320 are the reception, and sometimes I get strange interference (particularly with the mouse motion) when I move my feet under the desk in certain positions. When this happens, the mouse action gets jittery, and sometimes the keyboard typing lags. It is a strange problem that, frankly, might be due to some of the other audio hardware I have around, or the shape of my room. So I doubt anyone else will have this problem, because it just seems too specific and unusual.

Overall, the MK320 is a great, convenient, compact wireless keyboard/mouse solution for your desktop system. It's cheap too, but doesn't feel like it. If you need one more usb spot freed up, this could be the way to do it!