Mass Confusion
- 7 replies
- 4 participants
- 1,970 views
- 0 follower
mikey_j_420
48

New AFfiliate
Member 22 years ago
26 Décember 2004 to 06:50Mass Confusion
#1
Hey everyone, whats up?
I have been looking around for an answer to my problem and I can't find anything. Here it is.
Im using a SB Audigy 2 zs Platinum with Windows XP and Cool Edit Pro 2.0.
Im using drum loops because, well I suck at playing drums.
When I have the loops loaded into the first two tracks and I go to record my guitar or bass tracks on track 3, somehow the drum tracks coming through my speakers and headphones, are recording themselves in my guitar track(3).
I've made all the necessary changes in CE device properties (switched everything over to my SB card)
I've tried to change a couple things, but I cant figure out how to fix this.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, could you please help me out?
Thanks,
LAter,
Bones.
I have been looking around for an answer to my problem and I can't find anything. Here it is.
Im using a SB Audigy 2 zs Platinum with Windows XP and Cool Edit Pro 2.0.
Im using drum loops because, well I suck at playing drums.
When I have the loops loaded into the first two tracks and I go to record my guitar or bass tracks on track 3, somehow the drum tracks coming through my speakers and headphones, are recording themselves in my guitar track(3).
I've made all the necessary changes in CE device properties (switched everything over to my SB card)
I've tried to change a couple things, but I cant figure out how to fix this.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, could you please help me out?
Thanks,
LAter,
Bones.
manowar
161

AFfinity Poster
Member 22 years ago
26 Décember 2004 to 13:42
#2
Try to turn of mic monitor. I think that is F10 key in cool edit.
Or look in your soundcard setting what chanel you have selected for recording. Select only one. (line in ? or mic in)
Or look in your soundcard setting what chanel you have selected for recording. Select only one. (line in ? or mic in)
mikey_j_420
48

New AFfiliate
Member 22 years ago
27 Décember 2004 to 15:48
#3
Hey Manowar thanks for the respnse.
I tried doing what you suggested and it seems that that should have worked, but it didnt and Im not sure why.
I switched the recording device to the SB Audigy Line in and the output device to my soundmax, but the loops still keep recording on my third track. Im starting to really lose my patience on this one.
To my knowledge I have tried everything I know how to do and it still isnt working, so please, if anyone else has any comments or suggestions, feel free.
Thanks again Manowar,
Bones.
I tried doing what you suggested and it seems that that should have worked, but it didnt and Im not sure why.
I switched the recording device to the SB Audigy Line in and the output device to my soundmax, but the loops still keep recording on my third track. Im starting to really lose my patience on this one.
To my knowledge I have tried everything I know how to do and it still isnt working, so please, if anyone else has any comments or suggestions, feel free.
Thanks again Manowar,
Bones.
Axeman
591

AFfectionate Poster
Member 22 years ago
27 Décember 2004 to 17:05
#4
Mikey-
Somwhere buried in the config data for your soundcard should be an option for recording "What you Hear". Disable that if you can find it.
Hope this helps. 8)
Somwhere buried in the config data for your soundcard should be an option for recording "What you Hear". Disable that if you can find it.
Hope this helps. 8)
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
mikey_j_420
48

New AFfiliate
Member 22 years ago
29 Décember 2004 to 10:44
#5
Thanks Axeman, I'll take a look. That sounds exactly what my problem is. I'll let you know how this goes.
LAter,
Bones,.
LAter,
Bones,.
mikey_j_420
48

New AFfiliate
Member 22 years ago
30 Décember 2004 to 18:47
#6
Axeman, from now on I will call you "genius". lol
Thanks alot man. Now I can actually enjoy this new sound card.
Later and Thanks,
Bones
Thanks alot man. Now I can actually enjoy this new sound card.
Later and Thanks,
Bones
Axeman
591

AFfectionate Poster
Member 22 years ago
30 Décember 2004 to 20:11
#7
I'm not a genius, mikey, I've just been burned by that particular demon before!!! :shock:
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Benno
2

New AFfiliate
Member 21 years ago
22 March 2005 to 21:13
#8
hi all,
in short, im a newbie who needs help.
i have an audigy 2 zs platnum (like mikey) and cubasis vst 4 and im trying to record my guitar. i open cubasis, sut up an audio track and press the record button, i get nothing. HELP. is anyone elso having this problem, am i missing a setting or somthing.
thanks for any help
ben
in short, im a newbie who needs help.
i have an audigy 2 zs platnum (like mikey) and cubasis vst 4 and im trying to record my guitar. i open cubasis, sut up an audio track and press the record button, i get nothing. HELP. is anyone elso having this problem, am i missing a setting or somthing.
thanks for any help
ben
- List of moderators
- Rules
- Options
- Register