Line 6 GearBox Plug-in
Line 6 GearBox Plug-in

Software Amp Simulator from Line 6 belonging to the Plug in series.

stompboxjon stompboxjon

« Eats CPU »

Publié le 02/13/13 à 01:31
The Line 6 Gearbox Plug in is very simple to use, there are only 6 knobs on the main interface (Drive, Bass, Middle Treble, Presence, Volume). I do recommend looking through the manual to get a better feel of working with the pedal options and cab models/amp models though. The Gearbox does come with a manual that is easy to understand and comprehend. This plug in can work with Mac and PC computers, it is an effect and amp modeling plug in software that uses a high amount of CPU. The amount of CPU that it uses almost made it impossible for me to run more than 3 instances of it without wanted to deal with the cracking sounds that most DAW programs start to make when there is no CPU to use. Even when running with ASIO drivers it still uses a significant amount of CPU. There are a few different bundles you can purchase of it as well including the Silver bundle and the gold bundle and they will cost more.

I originally started using the Gearbox plug ins with the Line 6 Hardware USB back in 2008. I loved it and it had some great effects emulations to use. I also had the Toneport DI that allowed me to have very low latency monitoring because it served as a dongle for the Line 6 GearBox software.

This whole package has over 80 effects and comes with a total of 78 guitar amps and 24 guitar cabs/28bass amps and six microphone preamps. I loved working with it but do not use it as much anymore mainly because of how it ate up the CPU. It makes it almost un usable some times and If you do not have a lot of RAM available then I do not suggest wasting your money on this because it is not cheap. If you have sufficient RAM then I recommend buying it because of how many great amps it comes with!