Line 6 POD Farm
Line 6 POD Farm

Software Amp Simulator from Line 6 belonging to the POD Farm series.

Virtual Decadence Virtual Decadence
Publié le 11/16/08 à 00:02
It's always the same system for online purchases of add-ons pack software at Line 6. We do everything by Line 6 Monkey.

No major problems on Mac OS X is more on my old Powerbook G4.

My config is the Toneport UX2 for several years so no compatibility issues since it's the same thing.
AU plugin mode, no problem at the moment in my software of choice (Logic Pro 7 for now).

This software adds one thing to Gearbox Software (standalone or plugin): Dual tone that is the ability to have two rigs simultaneously.

And when we try some presets, one wonders why Line 6 had not done before so some sounds take on a new dimension.

Owner of standalone Gearbox for my Toneport, I picked up the portfolio to go to Pod Farm Plugin (it seems that Pod Farm standalone is free for people who have a Toneport). I should have done this a long time to have all my sounds preamps, bass, guitar in non-destructive in Logic. By this I do not regret my purchase.

Note though that the new graphical interface with its method "Cover Flow" to navigate the stuff is beautiful and changes a little.
Preset management has improved weight: you can see the amp model presets in the browser.

Otherwise, the sounds are exactly the same as for Gearbox, ie from the POD XT.
The versin POD Farm Platinum provides access to) all line extensions of 6 packs.
I had my pack pack bass and FX are also available in POD Farm as well as in Gearbox.

In conclusion: a new interface and a dual tone mode. For the rest there is always the same as in Gearbox (without GP online on the other hand).